Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cookie Cake

One of the girls at the office was recently promoted to a management position. We love to get giant cookies from the Cookie Jar. While Ed does a fantastic job and always adds extra frosting per our request, I decided I could try my hand at making a giant cookie cake. After all...how hard could it be?



I found a recipe online, used the mini-chocolate chips and found a pretty silver platter that my mom had to put it on.



I took the cookie from the oven and I could tell it was going to be delicious!



I waited for the cookie to cool for about 15 minutes. The tricky part was going to be transferring this giant cookie from the baking sheet to the silver platter. I took a regular plate and placed it upside down on top of the cookie. Then I held the two together and flipped it over. Next, I was going to remove the caking sheet.



Most of the cookie came free from the baking sheet, but in the center, there was some sticking. I scraped off what I could, then decided it wouldn't make much of a difference, since this was going to be the bottom and it would be hidden.



Next, I took the silver platter and placed it on top of the upside down cookie. I flipped them again. Here is the result of said flipping...





Oh...and don't worry....my Dad helped himself to some of the cookie...it was very tasty!

No comments: