Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birthday Ends with a BANG!

My 31st birthday was yesterday.  Billy the Beagle's humans (my Aunt Mary and Uncle John) took me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then Billy gave me his gift, a large assortment of goodies from Bath & Body Works.  (This beagle has stellar taste!)



I found some cupcakes to hand out to my canine friends, so on my way to give Bruno his treat, I stopped by Grandpa's house so that I could visit with him.


Around 10pm, it was time for me to head home.  As I walked though the kitchen, I saw a bug on the counter.  I began moving things off of the counter.  I saw the disgusting bug...Grandpa thought it was a roach.  Nasty.  


Please hold...shivers are going up and down my spine.  Ewwwwe.


Ok....so Grandpa handed me some bug spray and told me to spray the bug as it ran out from its hiding place.  He moved the mixer but there was no roach.  


Hmmm....


Well, we started looking behind the knives and then I saw it!  It was crawling on this dark green coaster.  As I reach over and try to spray it, the creepy thing jumps off of the counter and onto the floor towards me.  


As soon as I saw it, I began to spray and spray and SPRAY!  I planned on drowning this thing!  Grandpa suggested I just step on it and kill it.  Seems like a good idea.  So I lift me foot up so that it is even with my knee.  I stomp down as hard as I can and BOOM!  My foot slipped in all of that bug spray that I just put on the floor.  


I was facing North, standing and spraying the roach.  Within three seconds, I am facing South, the can of bug spray drops and the lid flies across the room and smacks against the wall, as I am now on the floor, freaking out that the roach is now out of my sight!


I instantly check the bottom of my shoe and I am relieved to see a flat, dead roach.  I scoop myself up off of the floor as Grandpa chuckles, gets a paper towel to wipe up all of that bug spray that is on the floor as he says, "well you didn't have to stomp that hard!"


I definitely didn't think I'd end my birthday on the floor, sitting in bug spray, trying not to let on that my foot hurt from the fall....

No comments: