Monday, October 5, 2009

Successful Baking...?

I was staying over at Will's house one night while Steve and Jen went to dinner. Will carefully selected a special pizza for us to have for our dinner and yummy peanut butter cookies with chunks of peanut butter cups in them.  Jen has a new oven and a pizza stone, and unfortunately I was unfamiliar with both.  




Will and I were so involved with our dinosaurs and trucks that the pizza was burnt well done.  The cheese had to be scrapped off, but luckily I found some shredded cheese in the refrigerator.  (It was for tacos, but it just added a little south-of-the-border flair!) Once the new cheese melted on the pizza, we put the cookies in.  Not wanting to repeat the same disaster with the cookies, I took them out early.  They were raw slightly under-done.



I decided to attempt baking the same cookies again at my own house.  I hadn’t used the over before, but how hard could it be, right?




It seems I have gone from one extreme to the other...



Well, apparently I had turned the temperature of the oven up (with my belly) when reaching to set the timer.  *sigh*

No comments: