Monday, November 5, 2007

Gifts

For the past three school days, I have been working with the Kindergarteners and Pre-Schoolers. They are all between the ages of 4 and 6 years old. Aside from giving me a cold after the first day, I have been given other "gifts" as well. Numerous hugs and artwork are at the top of the list. The most emjoyable gifts I have received are what I hear them say. I have had the giggles every day! Here are some of my favorite phrases as the kids have rattled them off out of the blue...

"I love you, Mrs. Mary."
"Can you stay here forever?"
"You are beautiful, Miss. Hedrick!"
"Uh...Ms. Mary, I need help."
"I have diarrhea."
"Uh-oh! My poop went down too far in the toilet."
"Ms. Mary...can you tell her to stop it? She is thinking that she doesn't like me, and I know that is what she is thinking. Tell her to stop!"
"This weekend, my dog Jack was biting and biting at me and he kept pulling my sock off of my foot so I punched him in the face!"
"You're not the boss of me!"
"He's not listening!"
"Ha, I told on you!"
"Will you call my Mom?"
"She said "armpit!"
"I forgot my Show-N-Tell."
"We are MAD! We do not know why we are mad. We are not going to play for another two more minutes. And when we do go play on the playground, we are STILL going to be MAD!"

With four more days left in this classroom, I can only imagine what other tid-bits they will tell me!

No comments: