Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bell's Palsy Update

Praise the Lord, there has been significant improvement with the face! The doctor informed me that at three weeks following onset, I should begin to see improvement. Well, Easter Sunday marked week two for me. I noticed when I woke up that my left eye was not as swollen and I was able to close it completely. No more eye drops or ointment for me! I was also able to open my mouth up a bit more, and when I smile, you can see almost all of my front teeth again. I am still unable to pronounce words with "b," "p" and "m" sounds. And as for rinsing my mouth after brushing my teeth...well, it isn't pretty. The amount of times I have drooled onto my clothes has also gone down considerably. More lines appear across my forehead when I raise my eyebrows and my face generally isn't so tight and stiff. Things are definitely looking up! Now, if I could only whistle....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We got your Thomas card. Henry was sopleased to get mail. Check out the new pictures I took of him over the weekend. I'm really proud of them.

I'm glad to hear your Bell's Palsy is starting to improve. I hope it's all gone by now.